9.30.2009

October Home Shows

October is another great month for home shows in Toronto! Unfortunately I didn't have time to make it to IIDEX last week, but hopefully some of you were able to. A few of my colleagues remarked it was a lot smaller than last year, and it didn't have any textile vendors, but I'm sure there were some great new ideas!


From October 1st to 4th, the National Home Show will be going on at the Direct Energy Centre (Exhibition Place). If you're an HGTV addict like me, you'll be excited about the number of "celebrity guests" they have! Colin and Justin, Emmanuel Belliveau and Janette Ewen are a few of the familiar faces that will be there. You can visit their website at www.nationalhomeshow.com!

Also, the International Home and Garden Show (www.home-show.com) will be on from October 9th to 12th at the International Centre. There will be a similar group of TV designers at this show, and lots of seminars to attend.

Before I go, one last thing! I mentioned that Janette Ewen (from CityLine) is going to be at the National Home Show, but I also recommend her website (www.janetteewen.com)! She's an interior stylist who loves do-it-yourself projects, and she has a few videos on her website on how to make accessories like lampshades and pillows. Her portfolio has some colourful ideas as well!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails