6.22.2010

Let Them Eat Cake!

This post is inspired by so many things that are floating around in my head right now, none of which include decorating. Well, if you count cake decorating...

It is that wonderful time of year for weddings, showers, engagements, traveling and relaxing in the outdoor weather. As a first-time bridesmaid, I went wedding dress shopping with my cousin last week. It was magical and surreal for her and us, and as she stood in a dress that resembled the top tier of a cake, I finally realized why it is one of the most important (and glamorous) days of our lives.

In addition, there is the new arrival of a sweet baby boy and another engagement! And in my (sweet-toothed) opinion, all of these celebrations should be marked with a beautiful cake. Even the smaller events like birthdays, anniversaries or the time to sit out at a cafe; to me, they are equally pleasurable. In fact, I expect nothing less than to spend an entire day indulging in sweets and cappuccinos this fall in Paris. Just plunk me in a chair and let me celebrate a Tuesday.

Who better than Oprah to set the bar for gorgeous cakes? Following the 10th Anniversary of O Magazine, Oprah has thrown an incredible bash and enlisted America's finest pastry chefs to create masterpieces to mark the occasion.






But if all else fails and the pastry Gods cannot deliver, I will delight in a slice of Betty Crocker's chocolate cake with the same passion I'd have for any of these sweet, sweet creations.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails