4.21.2010

I've Struck Gold


It's funny how life is. I intentionally overwhelm myself with design resources, be it blogs, magazines or TV shows, for inspiration and ideas. I feel like I eat, sleep and breath this stuff, and every once and a while, something really stands out.

After flipping through a million (approximately) wallpaper books to no avail for a very particular client, I figured the answer had to exist on the internet (I can't be the only person who goes online before looking through catalogs?). In amongst my search, I found the most incredible work of designer Elizabeth Dinkel.


Similar to Celerie Kemble, Dinkel originally embarked on a career in television after completing her degree. However, the successful career of her interior designer mother inspired her to pursue her true passion. As someone who has also taken a slight detour, finding this out was like the icing on the cake.


Her interiors are contemporary, traditional, colourful and bold. She mixes all the elements to create these inspiring and original spaces that I can't help but admire. Elizabeth Dinkel sits up there with the likes of Celerie Kemble, Suzanne Kasler and Alexa Hampton (my design Gods).




If you also love her work, there's a great interview HERE that's well worth a read. Among her great advice, she mentions that Benjamin Moore's “Acadia Green” is one of her favourite colours - "its almost a non color, a grey-blue-green and works really well as a backdrop in both modern and traditional venues".


All photographs taken from websites linked in this article.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails