4.14.2010

Best Room of the House


Oh, it's almost that time of year. Patio weather. Sitting out for dinner, drinks or lounging by the pool....there's nothing better on a hot summer's day!

I have a particular soft spot for outdoor living spaces, (if you know me, you're probably laughing right now). Throughout university, I spent the summers selling high-end patio furniture (no, not the stackable plastic chairs from Canadian Tire, Walmart or Rona...but thanks). As crazy as it sounds, it was a lot of fun and without realizing at the time, it groomed me for my eventual career path!


Summer Classics is one of the collections we sold, and I still think they have some of the finest outdoor furniture available. In a time when most people simply had four chairs and a patio table, they launched the most elegant outdoor sofas, swivel rockers and coffee tables. I'm a HUGE fan of big comfy couches outdoors - so long as you don't mind dragging cushions in in the rain. Ah, we still love you, Canada.


Here are a few of their most beautiful collections (the settings aren't bad either):





Thanks to the latest Lonny issue, I was introduced to Room & Board. They have a less formal, more contemporary approach to outdoor spaces, which I also like. It makes me think...Jennifer Aniston's Malibu beach home.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails