3.01.2011

Impromptu DIY Part II

I finally have some photos to show of my updated desk (see: impromptu Sunday DIY)!  I'm so happy with how it turned out, and a quick (ha, well sort of) coat of paint and new hardware has given me what *feels* like a new desk!

I'm embarrassed to even show this, but here is the before.  It consisted of cream paint and hardware I remember choosing at Home Depot with my Dad 15 years ago.  A quick sand and off I went.  [Excuse my handy HP printer under there...the realities of life.]


And here's a refreshed after!



Two coats of Benjamin Moore's Aura Satin paint in Sea Life.  I love the colour of this (once worn) hair broach and tried to match it as closely as possible.




An inexpensive Ikea frame for my adored Leigh Viner print, and a custom mat finally do her work justice.


Some bold, masculine hardware in Antique Brass was the finishing touch!  Ordered on sale from Restoration Hardware (Quincy pull).



Sadly, it hasn't stayed looking quite like this.  The flowers have been moved out of the way for my dear laptop and the junk will surely pile up soon too.  But this inexpensive update has made coming home from work and sitting down to do some blogging that touch more glamorous.  

On a local celebrity note:  You know you watch too much HGTV when you feel starstruck running into a designer.  On a typical Monday morning coffee run yesterday, who was at the local Starbucks but this handsome architect, Matt Davis from The Designer Guys:
The 16-year old girl in me wanted to say hi and tell him I love his work, but the combination of him being on his laptop and me having 75% of my make-up on told me to keep walking.  But for the record, I love his work.

2 comments:

Paris in Pink said...

What a fabulous job you did renovating this desk. By the way, I LOVE that Leigh Viner print!

Hugs xx Paris in Pink

Anonymous said...

Jen, your room looks like a brand new place! Love it!
-Cait

Related Posts with Thumbnails