12.16.2010

A Victorian Christmas

On Monday night, I finally got around to making one of my favourite blogger's (www.stephmodo.com) recipe recommendation - Fettuccine with Shrimp and Creamy Lemon Sauce. It was delicious and easy to make!




I'm guilty of eating in front of the TV most nights, with a typical rotation of Slice, HGTV and Food Network. But instead, I stumbled across a Victorian Christmas special that was so charming I watched the whole thing. Something about this time has always fascinated me, and the Christmas traditions, crafts, remedies and lifestyle were so humbly embraced by these three fun-loving historians. Visit their website if you're interested in seeing more (I realize I sound like a real old soul by recommending this, but it's worth a browse)!

It made me think about simple, traditional ways to decorate the home that aren't necessarily about sparkles, gold or excess. Here are a few Victorian Christmas-inspired photos from Martha Stewart, Habitually Chic, This Is Glamorous and Little Book of Secrets.







Of course, it's a little late to be changing up the decor for this Christmas, but even a simple touch like gift tags can bring some old fashioned charm. I'm loving these handmade fabric gift tags by Mademoiselle Poirot, and highly recommend visiting her blog and Etsy shop!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails