9.04.2010

Partial to Pretty

Small crystal chandeliers. Fresh Flowers. Ruffles and sweet details. Lately, I'm attracted to all things pretty.


I've always gravitated towards pretty spaces, and I'm glad it's made a comeback in the design world. Flipping through home magazines and catalogs, there is a real air of softness. Small floral printed bedding and lace are soft and romantic, and remind me of the rosette patterns I wore as a little girl (the days of Strawberry Shortcake).

I think pink is still the prettiest colour for a little girl's room, despite many mother's refusals. I feel I turned out okay in mine.

(I finally bought this duvet...simple, but pretty)

I also love pale wall colours and soft white bedding. Pretty makes life a little softer and sweeter, and I'm glad the design world's bought into it too.





Photos from Anthropologie, House and Home, Style at Home, Serena and Lily, West Elm, Sanderson and Martha Stewart Omnimedia.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails