9.11.2010

100th Post


Hard to believe I've hit my 100th post! I've certainly lost my diligence over the past few months, but I hope to continue blogging about all things home-related. Thanks for continuing to check in!


I don't have any cashmere throws, luxury rugs or cookie recipes to share today, as I think this post should perhaps have a little more substance. When I first started this blog a year ago, I was just emerging into the professional world of interior design and everything within it excited me. The homes, the furniture, fabrics, accessories........it all made life feel a little more glamorous, and it still does.


I am certainly in no position to dole out advice, and at twenty-four, there are many things I thought I would have achieved that are yet to be checked off. We can all be a little hard (and unrealistic) on ourselves, but here are some thoughts since I pursued this amazing field:


Go after what you're passionate about. If you hate your job and know what you want to do, go do it (come on, we've all been there...). It will never be any easier to go for it (you won't be richer, happier or less stressed). Take a chance, round up your greatest supporters and give it 110%. You won't get a bonus gift at your retirement for doing a job you hated for 30 years.


And that's what I think about that. Happy 100th!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails