9.21.2010

A Beautiful Surprise

I've been thinking a lot about inspiration and originality in design recently. It all started with an incredible post from Jenny over at My Favourite and My Best, asking followers which trends they were tired of. Eventually, just about every item out there was listed. Restoration Hardware pieces, Keep Calm and Carry On posters, orange Hermes boxes. By the end, I felt so uninspired and guilty for being one of those recycling bloggers, sharing yesterday's news. Jenny's posts made me rethink what was really worth blogging over - and putting in our homes.

Enter fabric presentation #2839582. In just over a year at this design studio, I have sat witness to a few pick-my-jaw-up-off-the-floor presentations and far too many no-no-and-no presentations. I've seen polyesters, nylons, seashell prints and faux replicas of animals I didn't even know existed. However, this most recent presentation had me believing in original design again.

I'm not giving away my secret yet, but I hope you find some inspiration in these photos. Three more posts, three more "sub-collections" from this incredible textiles line, and then I will reveal the name of this original brand.

All good things are worth waiting for ;)





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails