12.27.2009

Thoughts on a New Year


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, whatever you were celebrating! It comes and goes so quickly, and it's hard for me to believe that Christmas is already over! Lots of food, drinking and visiting, but hopefully my new pair of running shoes will motivate me to get back to the gym.


I'm veering off of the "design blog" theme today for a quick post about the New Year ahead. Rather than list off the standard New Year's resolutions (go to the gym more often, eat healthier...you know the ones I'm talking about!), I wanted to share some great quotes I found in an H&M magazine (of all places!). I do love a good word of wisdom, and what better time of year than now.


"Find yourself and your own unique signature style rather than trying to be 'of the moment'." Dita Von Teese, Burlesque Queen


"Don't dream it, be it." Stephen Jones, Designer


Go to the movies during the daytime.


Call your friends instead of texting them. (Agreed.)


"You have to take risks. We only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen." Paulo Coelho, Novelist


Record the sound of the summer and play it in your iPod in the dark months.


"Wear a fabulous smile, great jewelry and know that you are totally and utterly in control." Donatella Versace, Designer


"Happiness is a state of mind. Joy is a state of heart. I prefer joy!" Elle MacPherson, Supermodel


Do things that scare you every once in a while - for the endorphin kick and the sense of pride afterwards.

If nobody buys you flowers - buy them for yourself.


"Be at least as interested in what goes on inside of you as what happens outside. If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place." Eckhart Tolle, Spiritual Guru



All quotes taken from H&M Magazine.



New Year's Eve Ball, 1978, New York Times

I hope that some of these quote resonate with you, and help make 2010 a fabulous year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails