4.12.2011

The Trouble with Blogging

Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration.  It's really the trouble of finding things (several things) I love/need/want at multiple times throughout the day.  Blogging has exposed me to the world of Tumbler, Etsy, Lonny, Magpie Lovely and the likes, and there simply aren't enough hours in the day for all the window shopping/inspiration file stockpiling I want to do.  It's to the point that if I were to print photos of everything I loved, large forests would be cleared.  Instead, my laptop's going to die of photo overload.

But sometimes I give in.  I find that one special item and just can't get it out of my head.  Like Dear June's sea-inspired scarves.  It's safe to say that these are so "me" and once discovering Romina's shop via You Are My Fav, I had to have one!


I get giddy like a kid on Christmas morning when I receive a package in the mail.  It's kind of pathetic.  Even the wrapping was so charming...

and voila.  I'm one happy camper. 

 But I also try to recall the urges of my crafty childhood when I can/need to.  I have hundreds of too-small-to-do-anything-with fabric samples thrown in bags, and unfortunately zero desire to create an heirloom quilt.  So instead they wait for awesome DIY projects like this: Little Miss Momma's Tutorial

It was a quiet weekend spent up north........


...so I took out an egg cup and traced circles like it was my job.


Note: Print out of Emersonmade's fabric floral goodness.  Couldn't resist clicking print.  One page closer to that large forest.


Glued a chain to the back of the flowers (that I got for free, I might add......thanks to the $1000000 I spent at Deserres as a student, I'm now reaping the rewards in gold chains).

And here it is!  Well, two of them.  Then I questioned how many necklaces I needed and decided to take a break.  It's been two months and I have a bag of flowers in need of chains, but I suppose that's not the point.  The point is it was free so it doesn't matter if it's hideous (just kidding).  Truthfully, it was fun to just spend time doing something with no purpose other than relaxation and having fun.  The trouble is.......now I always feel compelled to blog about it.

5 comments:

Meghan @ My Wishful Thinking said...

How cute is that???!!! I love the colours you chose for the flowers too! I might even be tempted to give this a go!

Paris in Pink said...

LOVE the sea-inspired scarves! Too lovely for words :)

Big hugs xx

Camille @ Paris in Pink

Melanie said...

It's so true. My shopping habit would be under control if it wasn't for the blogging world.

Anonymous said...

The necklace turned out GREAT! I like the DIY posts, they make me want to be crafty too!

-Cait

Carole Poirot said...

Haha, there's a lot of truth in what you're writing about blogging and yes, I admit, I now spend faaar too much time online... I think your necklaces are great and I love the choice of colour :-) xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails